Product Name: Glycolic acidd
CAS No.: 79-14-1
Appearance: White powder
Glycolic acid, chemical formula C2H4O3, is the smallest α-hydroxy acid. This colorless, odorless, and hygroscopic crystalline solid is highly soluble in water. It is used in various skin-care products. Glycolic acid is found in some sugar-crops.
|Product Name:||Glycolic acid|
Safty information: UN3261 Class8 PG: II
1. Glycolic acid is the most commonly used alpha hydroxy acid, owing to its reputation as one of the safest and most effective. Its molecules are the smallest among the AHAs, so it’s able to penetrate skin better and be absorbed readily.
2. Glycolic acid works by actually destroying the bonds between old skin cells, freeing them so they can be sloughed off. This might sound scary and counterproductive, but it’s actually quite beneficial.
3. Glycolic acid is an exfoliator, which means that it safely removes the outer layer of dead skin cells.
4. Glycolic acid helps accelerate your skin’s renewal process, bringing fresh, new skin to the surface on a regular basis when used routinely. This can help your skin look younger and dewier, with a glow that arises from increased circulation and faster cell turnover.
5. Glycolic acid also helps lighten discolorations such as sun and age spots.
6. Glycolic acid can even help skin that’s prone to blackheads, whiteheads, and acne by keeping pores clear of old skin that tends to clog them and cause problem.